January 18, 2013

Interesting iPad Course

Hello everyone,
I was recently blog hopping and while I was at the blog, Teaching with Soul, I read about Teachercast.net She wrote an indepth article about a product she found that teaches teachers how to use the iPad productively.  The company she writes about is Teachercast.net and they have a course of 20 videos that cover everything you need to know about using an iPad as an educational tool.  Right now it sells for $10.00.

To read the whole article by Teaching with Soul click here.  She explains everything about this course in depth.  It is an article worth reading if you are interested in more training.

Let me know what you think of it if you buy the course.


Happy Teaching!


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori, I went to Lisa's blog and signed up for the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn,
      I am on lesson 14 and I have learned something new in each lesson! I am glad I purchase this course. How are you doing?

      Delete
  2. Lori,
    Super excited to find this post. I am in the process of investigating more information about tablets in the classrooms. I will be writing a grant, for the first time in my life. I am an EL educator in an elementary setting and I can see the need and benefit of using an iPad or something similar to it with my ELs. Do you have any experience with teaching with this type of technology? I'm curious about the maintenance and support I will get from my own tech department. I also wonder what fabulous educational apps are available for free or low-cost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    Mrs. Scherger

    mdscherg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Scherger,
    I love using my iPad in the classroom. I am slowly building my app collection. The ones I use constantly include the storybuilder app and the voice recorder. Storybuilder offer several app, which are perfect for language development. The voice recorder excites students to repeat language frames over and over! They love to listen to their own voices and will try again to get it right!
    Let me know how you do!
    Happy Teaching,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    Thanks for your post about the iPad course. I recently got an iPad, but have not used it in my elementary ELL classroom yet. I have wanted to begin to incorporate it into my lessons because I know how beneficial it can be for students, but I honestly did not know where to begin. I am excited to try the apps you mentioned. I am also looking forward to taking the course you posted about. I truly believe teaching with technology is essential as a teacher today. That is the language our students speak. Are there any other apps you would recommend?

    Thanks,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete