Recently I was asked for a list of my favorite structured language practice activities. There are so many that it was hard to choose just a few. I began to compile a list of these tried and true old favorites and I thought I would share them here with you. Each Tuesday for a while I will post a couple of fun activities to promote language practices. Many you will recognize or remember and hopefully you will find one or two to use with your class! I would love to hear what some of your favorites are!
Structured Role Play
1. Create environment for students to practice language:
· Giving or taking orders in a Restaurant
· Giving directions to someone
· Taking a phone message
· Making an appointment at a Doctor’s office
· Giving a class presentation
· Checking in at a Doctor’s office
· Introductions at school
· Random encounters with friends and/or strangers
· Conflict resolution at school
News Anchor Person
1. Students create news stories with a partner using taught language frames and vocabulary.
2. Students present their news stories to the class.