October 1, 2013

Favorite Structured Language Practice Activities!


Hi everyone,
Recently I was asked for a list of my favorite structured language practice activities.  There are so many that it was hard to choose just a few.  I began to compile a list of these tried and true old favorites and I thought I would share them here with you.  Each Tuesday for a while I will post a couple of fun activities to promote language practices.  Many you will recognize or remember and hopefully you will find one or two to use with your class!  I would love to hear what some of your favorites are!
Happy Teaching!




Structured Role Play
1.   Create environment for students to practice language:
·       Giving or taking orders in a Restaurant
·       Giving directions to someone
·       Taking a phone message
·       Making an appointment at a Doctor’s office
·       Giving a class presentation
·       Checking in at a Doctor’s office
·       Introductions at school
·       Random encounters with friends and/or strangers
·       Conflict resolution at school


News Anchor Person
1.  Students create news stories with a partner using taught language frames and vocabulary.
2.  Students present their news stories to the class.





No comments:

Post a Comment